One of the great things about life is that regardless of who you are, where you live, what your income is, what your age, or where you’ve come from….you have the ability to choose every day what you will focus on.
Category: Uncategorized Page 1 of 3
1. Focus on other’s needs instead of your wants.
The great Zig Ziglar used to say, “You’ll get everything you want out
of life if you just help enough people get what they want.” Be the kind
of person who thinks of others before yourself. Remember Self-absorbed
people are miserable.
2. Listen first, speak second. There is a reason God gave you two ears and one mouth! Listen twice as much as you speak. Do people say you are a good listener? With a little practice this is a skill you can easily develop and will help improve every relationship you have.
3. Resist the urge to complain. It won’t make anything
better and it brings negative energy to the room. This isn’t you!
Bring positive energy with your presence, your words, and your
attitude. People will want to be around you.
4. Count your blessings not your problems. No matter how bad things are or how many problems you are dealing with, stop and count your blessings. And start with the ones we so easily take for granted.
5. Respond instead of react. When you are sick and have a reaction to your medicine that’s bad; when your body responds that’s good! If you are faced with a situation that makes you angry today do not react out of emotion. Be the kind of person who responds rationally with thought and poise.
6. Make time to exercise! You know you need to. You want to. You plan to…If this is describers you get some momentum this week by starting today. You’ve heard it said, “Day One or One day? Your body will release endorphins and you’ll feel better, be more focused, and have more energy.
7. Acknowledge God is your source and be continually thankful for every breath He gives. Always acknowledge that God is the source of your life and the giver of every good thing you have.
Choose to make it a great day!
Tiger Woods is back to winning! His win yesterday is one of the greatest comeback stories of all time. I was watching the news today and heard a reporter tell of a conversation he had with Tiger a year ago.
The reporter asked, “Tiger, you’re so close, what’s it going to take to start winning?”
Life is what you make it.
The quality of your life is not in your circumstances, it’s not a result of how much is in your bank account, and it’s not about how many things you have.
The quality of your life is the quality of your thoughts, attitudes, and actions. This is so important to understand because this means you are in control of your life.
One of my favorite tales is of an old Eskimo fisherman who owned two dogs. One was a black dog, the other was white. He trained these two dogs to fight on command and on Saturday’s he’d take his two dogs to the town square to fight. The townspeople would gather around and he would always take bets as to which dog would win the fight.
If you’re like me you have times when you are overwhelmed with everything on your plate. In these moments you need a plan to make sure you are productive and getting ahead, rather than feeling like you are losing ground.
Below are 10 quotes and 3 simple steps to help you win the battle in getting stuff done!
Problem or Opportunity
Replace the word ‘problem’ with ‘opportunity’ and see what good things will happen. Obstacles are simply opportunities for growth and growth is never easy-but it’s always worth it.
We all have problems. We all have obstacles in our way that we must figure out how to navigate around. Too many times we give up when we are faced with something negative. Don’t give up! Keep moving forward.