If you’re like me you have times when you are overwhelmed with everything on your plate. In these moments you need a plan to make sure you are productive and getting ahead, rather than feeling like you are losing ground.
Below are 10 quotes and 3 simple steps to help you win the battle in getting stuff done!
10 inspiring quotes to help you stay focused and productive:
1) Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work. -Stephen King
2) You can’t do everything at once, but you can do something at once.
You can't do everything at once, but you can do something at once. -Calvin Coolidge Click To Tweet
3) Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.
4) Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else.
Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else. -Peter Drucker Click To Tweet
5) The way to get started is to stop talking, and start doing.
6) Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.
7) Never mistake motion for action.
8) You can’t build a reputation on what you’re going to do.
You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do. -Henry Ford Click To Tweet
9) You see in life, lots of people who know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough. You must take action!
10) It always seems impossible until it’s done.
It always seems impossible until it's done. -Nelson Mandela Click To Tweet
Remember, you can handle more than you think you can, and you can do more than you think you can do. You need determination, focus, and a positive can-do mindset.
Here are three simple things I do to get some wins when I’m completely overwhelmed.
1. Make your list
Write down everything you have to do. Make your list on your phone, using an app, or the old fashioned way on paper. You have to capture everything you need to do so you can determine what you are going to work on first.
I personally love to use my phone for keeping me organized on what I need to do. If you don’t have a solid system for capturing your list, here are two great articles with 50 apps that show you what’s available.
Here is an article from workzone.com on the top 25 best productivity apps.
If you have an iPhone here is an article on the top 25 productivity apps for iPhone.
2. Take action
Once you’ve captured what you need to do, now you have to take action. The worst thing to do is to do nothing. Some folks get so overwhelmed with what they have to do, they end up doing nothing at all.
Take action, any action!
Just do one thing. Commit to doing one thing and you will often see your momentum begin to build. Refuse to procrastinate. Don’t wait until you feel like starting. Too many people don’t get stuff done because they put too much emphasis on how they feel. Take how you feel out of the equation and just start. Take action and the feeling will follow.
3. Stay in the moment
Don’t allow your mind to drift from one thing to another. Stay in the present moment and give what you are doing 100% of your attention and energy. Many studies have shown that multi tasking really doesn’t work all that well.
Remind yourself that what you are doing now, at this moment demands all your attention. You will address other things when that time comes, but for now stay focused on what you have chosen to work on.
Thank you for reading! Which quote resonates with you? Leave a comment with the one you like most.
If you enjoyed this feel free to share this post.