Life is what you make it.
The quality of your life is not in your circumstances, it’s not a result of how much is in your bank account, and it’s not about how many things you have.
The quality of your life is the quality of your thoughts, attitudes, and actions. This is so important to understand because this means you are in control of your life.The quality of your life is the quality of your thoughts, attitudes, and actions. Click To Tweet
You, and only you, are responsible for who you are and where you. You are in control. In any circumstance you can always control these three things: Your thoughts, your attitudes and your actions.
You, and you alone control what you spend time thinking about. Your thinking is where everything starts. What you think about is what you become. The cycle works like this: your thinking determines your feelings, which determine your actions, which determine your results. Everything starts here! Do you need to have more positive thoughts? Click here to read the 5 ways to change your thoughts. And to read more here about the “Cycle of Success” click here.
Just as with your thoughts, the attitude you have is 100% your choice. Your attitude is the difference maker in the quality of life that you want. Your attitude will either hold you back, or put you over the top! Read here about how your attitude can make your difficult situation better.
You have to act! You have to get up, dress up, show up and never give up. Even if the action you take is small, don’t let another day go by without taking action towards your goals. Take ownership and take action. Here are 10 inspiring quotes to help you take action!
Remember you are responsible for your life.
I was reading a post from Darren Hardy this week and he puts it like this: “It’s your own fault!” Check this out…
“It’s no one else’s fault, but your own.
If you’re lazy,
If you’re not wealthy,
If your not happy,
If you don’t have friends,
If you’re bored,
If you’re tired,
If you’re stressed out or people aren’t performing to your expectation….
It’s your fault!”
It’s also your fault if you go another day making an excuse and not taking action to change your situation.
You can make excuses or you can make progress, but you will never be able to make both. Which one will you make today?
Bottom line is, you have to take responsibility for everything. Happiness, contentment, and achieving goals always start from the inside.
Here are 10 quick guidelines to help you take more personal responsibility:
1. Accept the fact that you where you are now is not where you have to be in a year from now; and the choice is yours!
2. Every day take action towards achieving your goals. Even if it’s one extremely small step, take that step every day.
3. Take 100% control of your thoughts, your words, your attitudes, your emotions, your actions and your reactions.
4. Learn, learn, learn. In everything ask, “What can I learn in this situation?”
5. Don’t complain. Keep your words and thoughts positive.
6. Don’t blame. Whatever it is, always believe that you could have done something different, or better.
7. Don’t explain. Focus on getting the job done!
8. Remember happiness is a choice!
9. Always count your blessings, not your problems.
10. Be willing to the pay the price. There is a price for success. Success is never free, and it never goes on sale. There is a price for having the life you want.
“Man must cease attributing his problems to his environment, and learn again to exercise his will — his personal responsibility.”