There are seasons of life when things go well and other times when everything seems to be going against you. Your attitude in each season is what makes the difference! Your attitude, and your character are much more important than your circumstances. With the right mindset, even in the midst of difficulties you can thrive, and not just survive.
Henry Ford said, “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
5 things you can do to help you “take off” against the wind:
1) Remember that in your times of greatest trials, often lie your greatest opportunities. Are you looking for opportunities or focused only on your difficulties?
2) Don’t wallow in self-pity or self-doubt. Both of these will keep you from ever taking off!
3) Write down at least 10 things you are thankful for. Don’t take for granted any good thing you have. This will help you shift your perspective and get you in a more productive state.
4) Get around someone who is positive and is where you want to be. A quick talk on the phone, or a text, or a cup of coffee with someone that energizes you is one of the more important things you can do when you’re in a difficult season.
5) Remind yourself that how well you navigate adversity will determine your level of success. Everything is riding on how well you navigate through the difficult times. Remember, this too shall pass.
How well are you navigating the current adversities in your life?
Title: Navigating Adversity
Reviewed by Gary Greeno
Summary: How well do you navigate adversity?
Description: There are seasons of life when things go well, & other times when it seems everything’s working against you! 5 simple things to get you through.